Sunday 6 September 2009

First day in Peru


After a long 12hr flight (Glasgow to Amsterdam then direct to Lima) - headed to hotel San Augustin.

Lima is huge and not particularly impressive. There was a festival (apparently organised by a supermarket) which finished at about 6pm (Peru time which is 6hrs ahead of UK).
The guardian angels are looking after me - my alarm set for 3am so that I could get to the airport for 4am, to meet up with the Lendrick Lodge group, did not go off. But at exactly 4am woke up with a bolt and realised I needed to get to the airport sharpish. Everything was packed and ready to go - got to the airport at 5am - just in time to book in (flight was at 5.50 am) - fortunately Steven was waiting for me with the ticket.
So I figured that someone sent me a meesage at 4am which woke me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment